Saturday, July 18, 2009

meeting influential people and good restaurants

It's always exciting to meet celebrities or important people. I've been very fortunate to meet so many significant leaders through my parents and friends. Last Wednesday, while out to dinner with my father at Agraria on the Georgetown Waterfront, my dad introduced me to the Ambassador from Mali who was eating with Congressman Pomeroy from North Dakota. Both the Ambassador and the Congressman were very interesting, and Congressman Pomeroy loved telling me all about how Agraria was a farmer-friendly restaurant focused on sustainability.

I am a big advocate for the environment and recycling, so any restaurant that promotes sustainable farming, conservation and preserving biodiversity ranks very high on my list. The food was also unique and delicious -- plus the manager gave us two complimentary glasses of wine. Though we didn't get to sit outside, the weather was beautiful and the breeze blowing off of the water made for a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment