Sunday, July 19, 2009

delicious treats

Yesterday I decided to bake my roommate, Mike, a special cupcake treat in honor of his birthday. I am definitely not a baker or cook by any means, but I am trying to be more domestic. I wanted to do something fun, but also simple, so I made red-velvet cupcakes with white chocolate-cream cheese frosting. After encountering the Pie of the Tiger blog, I decided to add a raspberry to the middle of each cupcake that had been stuffed with two white chocolate morsels. (They used ganache and scooped out the middle of the cupcakes, I just dropped a stuffed raspberry in while baking... [read: they actually know what they're doing]) The melted chocolate and raspberry are actually a nice surprise when you bite into the middle.

I have craved delicious frosting ever since visiting Magnolia bakery with my best friend so I wanted to make the icing from scratch. (I dislike the store-bought tubs.) I used Kraft's "White Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting" recipe and it turned out fluffy and delicious! Looks like my profile image, ta da:

No comments:

Post a Comment